The planetarium is a natural place to run informal education. It stands between layman and scientist with the freedom to show cosmos and natural sciences. It can be a venue for different formats. In this workshop, we would like to discuss the limitations and opportunities. We would like to use topics below as a 'cookbook' which can be used to make 'menu' of the place like a planetarium or space center.
- how storytelling can serve and limit explanation?
- recorded lector or live presentation?
- concerts, lectures, and other special events - all you need is love
- how to keep a balance between science and art
- live music, how far to depart?
- hands-on activities/workshops/events
+ more can be gathered during the conference.
We are open to going through these or similar topics as a workshop or debate as well.